Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Lina Li <st...@hotmail.com> on 2019/09/04 17:53:49 UTC

How to assert dynamic data using JMeter

Hi There,

I have been pretty happy with JMeter so far, and i was able to do a lots of testing with static data. however, i recently trying to learn how to add assertion similar to response assertion to assert dynamic ones. does anyone have any tips what should i start looking into? or if it is possible to run assertion against dynamic data.

thanks
L.

Re: How to assert dynamic data using JMeter

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
>to assert dynamic ones.
You can.
Suppose you have a CSV file that has
username , password , firstName

When your script logs the user in , you could assert text for e.g. that
Says Response Context contains Welcome ${firstName} - so you can make your
assertions data driven , dynamic if you need
SOme of the assertions allow you to write your own code so you can code
whatever you need-
Perhaps you can elaborate on what is the dynamic things you want to assert?

regards
deepak