Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jiggy <ne...@trash-mail.com> on 2011/12/07 17:23:23 UTC

SolR - Index problems

Hello Guys,

i have a big problem. I have integrated solr to Magento EE. I have two solr
folder, one is in c:/tomcat 7.0/
and the other one is in my web-folder(c:/www/).

In the tomcat-folder is the data folder of solr, their are about 200 MB
index file(I think here are my datas from magento).
In the www-folder are the bin and conf folder of solr.

My problem is now, when i try a query in the solr admin page, i don't get
any result.

My questions are:
Is that right with the two folders?
And Why i dont get any results ?

I use windows server 2008 r2 and solr 1.4.1.

Can anybody help, i read the reference guide and some contributions in this
forum, but i dont got any result.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jiggy

Re: SolR - Index problems

Posted by jiggy <ne...@trash-mail.com>.
Hello Guys,

thanks for the fast replies.

Now I think solr is working with tomcat and with the magento shop.
My problem is now, how i can index the articles from magento to solr ?
How i can solr reindex?
On the tutorial i only see , how i can reindex the documents in the example
folder.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jiggy

Re: SolR - Index problems

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at this page?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat
In particular the "installing Solr instances under Tomcat".

You haven't told us much at all about how you start up Tomcat,
what configurations you have set, not even what error you get
when you try to hit the admin page. Please review:

Best
Erick

RE: SolR - Index problems

RE: SolR - Index problems

Posted by "Husain, Yavar" <yh...@firstam.com>.
Hi Jiggy

When you query the index, what do you get in the tomcat logs? (Check that out in tomcat/logs directory)

How much of Heap memory have you allocated to Tomcat?

- Yavar

i have a big problem. I have integrated solr to Magento EE. I have two solr
folder, one is in c:/tomcat 7.0/
and the other one is in my web-folder(c:/www/).

In the tomcat-folder is the data folder of solr, their are about 200 MB
index file(I think here are my datas from magento).
In the www-folder are the bin and conf folder of solr.

My problem is now, when i try a query in the solr admin page, i don't get
any result.

My questions are:
Is that right with the two folders?
And Why i dont get any results ?

I use windows server 2008 r2 and solr 1.4.1.

Can anybody help, i read the reference guide and some contributions in this
forum, but i dont got any result.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jiggy

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by
replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

Thank you.-
FAFLD