Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Pushkar Marathe <pu...@strongauth.com> on 2012/08/23 21:33:29 UTC

Cloud Provisioning with VMWARE ESXI

Hi

I am using VMWARE esxi 5 as my host and i have a few VM's running inside
this host. I also have a couple of templates which i have created from
which i boot up VM's

Now my question is... Will i be able to boot up new instances using the
existing Templates in VMWARE? If yes how bcoz if i try to list images i
dont see the template and if i try to list instance, i only see
instances, I do not see the template anywhere using deltacloud?

So is it possible to use deltacloud to provision VM inside vsphere?

--
Thank You
Regards

Re: Cloud Provisioning with VMWARE ESXI

Posted by Francesco Vollero <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 10:33 PM, Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 2012, at 10:31 PM, Francesco Vollero <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Just a note, you will need VSphere server running with SOAP API to make DC

>> Does not also need to have the rbvmomi gem installed ? I don't recall
>> it is a dependency for deltacloud afaik.
>
> Oh yes. For some unknown reason, this gem is not included in gemspec…
> I have patch for that (with couple other fixes for vsphere) that I will
> send tomorrow ;)

Fair enough. At least we sorted out this problem :) Anyway, i'm in PTO :)

Cheers,
FV

Re: Cloud Provisioning with VMWARE ESXI

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mi...@mifo.sk>.
On 23.8.2012, at 23:02, Ronelle Landy <rl...@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

That should be now listed as dependency in RPM.

Posted by Ronelle Landy <rl...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Francesco Vollero <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Michal Fojtik <mi...@mifo.sk> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 2012, at 10:12 PM, David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 12:33 -0700, Pushkar Marathe wrote:

[snip]

>>> So is it possible to use deltacloud to provision VM inside sphere?
>
> Just a note, you will need VSphere server running with SOAP API to make DC
> work. Then you can start Deltacloud by:
>
> $ deltacloudd -i vsphere -P vsphere-server.hostname.com
>
> [Replace vsphere-server.hostname.com by your sphere hostname/IP]

Does not also need to have the rbvmomi gem installed ? I don't recall
it is a dependency for deltacloud afaik.

- FV

Re: Cloud Provisioning with VMWARE ESXI

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mi...@mifo.sk>.

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.