Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by James Francis <jf...@madsvlad.com> on 2000/07/19 20:46:48 UTC

ServiceRegistry/Persistence Store

Hello all --

Earlier this week, I volunteered to take a crack at adding a persistence
layer to the storage of the registered services within
soap.server.ServiceManager.  I have put together a first attempt at such a
set of classes.

Outstanding todo is the integration of the ServiceRegistry with the
ServiceManager class.  Main issue is how to get the information regarding
how the persistence store will function (i.e. JDBC path, driver, user...
etc... info or even what file to write to) into the ServiceManager.  There
is a partial integration in the local org.apache.soap.server directory
(see below).

On a higher level, does this accomplish what was requested in the SOAP TODO
-- i.e. provide enough of an abstraction layer?

It currently resides at my webserver:

http://www.madsvlad.com/soap-test/

either tar-gzipd or browsable.  I also have a jpython test script sitting up
at the top layer.  Would it be better if I attached the files to mail?

James Francis
MadSvlad Consulting
jfrancis@madsvlad.com