Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonathan Rengifo <jm...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/21 18:05:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2 hangs my server ....

Hi all...

Please this is pretty important to me...

I have Apache 2.0.50  running in my production environment, I am using
it with worker.c module under a Solaris 9, 2 GB RAM and 5 GB swap box.
My worker.c module configuration looks like this:

Timeout 150

KeepAlive On

MaxKeepAliveRequests 0

KeepAliveTimeout 5

ThreadLimit         100
ServerLimit 16
StartServers        4
MaxClients          400
MaxSpareThreads     400
MinSpareThreads     100
ThreadsPerChild     100
MaxRequestsPerChild 10000

This seems to be working just fine, each of the server process use in
average 20 MB of RAM which seems good to me, and they use some swap
too, in average 1.5 Mb per httpd process, I am also seeing a lot of
RAM to swap pagination 800 p/s . But eventually this just crashes
twice in a day, making each apache process eat like 800 MB of memory
(RAM and swap) and after that it hangs the server...

Please need help with this

Thanks

Jonathan

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 hangs my server ....

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:05:03 -0400, Jonathan Rengifo
<jm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This seems to be working just fine, each of the server process use in
> average 20 MB of RAM which seems good to me, and they use some swap
> too, in average 1.5 Mb per httpd process, I am also seeing a lot of
> RAM to swap pagination 800 p/s . But eventually this just crashes
> twice in a day, making each apache process eat like 800 MB of memory
> (RAM and swap) and after that it hangs the server...

Most likely explination is a misbehaving script/module.  Are you using
mod_perl, PHP, or similar?

You'll need to try to get some idea of what is going on by looking at
the logs (perhaps adding the process id to your log format so you can
corolate with your process listing), the mod_status server-status
page, and perhaps a debugger to attach to the giant processes.

Joshua.