Posted to users@camel.apache.org by AOladipupo <ai...@yahoo.com> on 2016/11/07 15:41:36 UTC

camel-shiro and caching

Hi Team,

I use camel on jBoss Fuse ESB for integration/middleware projects. In
addition to other security implementations on the esb, i have set up route
security using camel-shiro and its iniRealm. However, due to the static
nature of the iniRealm (bundle restart is needed for changes to reflect/get
applied)... i have had to rethink my approach to route security. i changed
the realm being used to a jdbcRealm from the shiro.ini file and migrated the
users, roles and permissions details to a database. This allows changes to
the underlying user details to get applied and reflect immediately on the
esb.

However, there is a concern on the trips being made to the database to
retrieve users' roles/permissions. This prompted me to enable the shiro
caching support. Having done this, what i noticed was that the users'
details, roles and permissions were not being cached. Can someone please
help review the attached demo project files to see if I am doing something
wrong OR advise if the came-shiro component has caching capabilities or not?

Thanks and kind regards
Dipo. shiro-demo.zip
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5789853/shiro-demo.zip>