Posted to dev@oltu.apache.org by Maciej Machulak <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/05 00:43:15 UTC

OAuth leeloo - OAuth 2.0 implementation

Hi all,

Myself and Lukasz Moren, both from Newcastle University, have recently
released OAuth leeloo [1], a Java library that implements draft 10 of
the OAuth 2.0 protocol. Leeloo is currently used in the UMA/j
framework (implementation of the User-Managed Access protocol [2],
developed as part of the SMART project [3]) as well as in other
projects [4]. Additionally, some interest in using the library has
been expressed at IIW 2010b.

What is the current status of OAuth 2 related development inside the
AMBER project? Is there interest in getting involved in development of
OAuth 2.0? We were thinking of contributing the code to AMBER and
progressing with the development under the Apache umbrella. We will be
able to remain actively involved in the development of the library as
we'll be using it the previously mentioned UMA/j framework.

Looking forward to your reply. I hope we can team up with the
development of the OAuth 2 protocol.

Cheers,
Maciej (and Lukasz)

[1] http://leeloo.smartam.net
[2] http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/UMA+1.0+Core+Protocol
[3] http://smartjisc.wordpress.com
[4] http://bitbucket.org/smartproject/oauth-2.0/wiki/Deployments

--
Maciej Machulak
email: maciej.machulak@gmail.com

Re: OAuth leeloo - OAuth 2.0 implementation

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maciej and Lukasz,
it's amazing to hear from you such great news!
I agree with Simo that you are both more than welcome!

2010/11/5 Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>

> On 4 Nov 2010, at 23:43, Maciej Machulak wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Myself and Lukasz Moren, both from Newcastle University, have recently
> > released OAuth leeloo [1], a Java library that implements draft 10 of
> > the OAuth 2.0 protocol. Leeloo is currently used in the UMA/j
> > framework (implementation of the User-Managed Access protocol [2],
> > developed as part of the SMART project [3]) as well as in other
> > projects [4]. Additionally, some interest in using the library has
> > been expressed at IIW 2010b.
> >
> > What is the current status of OAuth 2 related development inside the
> > AMBER project?

It still needs to be done

> Is there interest in getting involved in development of
> > OAuth 2.0?

Yes, +1!

> We were thinking of contributing the code to AMBER and
> > progressing with the development under the Apache umbrella. We will be
> > able to remain actively involved in the development of the library as
> > we'll be using it the previously mentioned UMA/j framework.

Very cool :)

> > Looking forward to your reply. I hope we can team up with the
> > development of the OAuth 2 protocol.
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Bryan Copeland and I contribute to Apache Wookie (incubating) and have been
> looking to add oAuth capability in the next release. We'd looked at using
> either Leeloo or Signpost for now as Amber is still in an early stage of
> development.  I think the idea of Leeloo merging in with Amber is a
> fantastic idea and could really help move things along.

I agree with you Scott.
I'm very happy for this as I think it will bring new life and momentum to
Amber.
Tommaso

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 04/11/2010 23:43, Maciej Machulak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Myself and Lukasz Moren, both from Newcastle University, have recently
> released OAuth leeloo [1], a Java library that implements draft 10 of
> the OAuth 2.0 protocol. Leeloo is currently used in the UMA/j
> framework (implementation of the User-Managed Access protocol [2],
> developed as part of the SMART project [3]) as well as in other
> projects [4]. Additionally, some interest in using the library has
> been expressed at IIW 2010b.
>
> What is the current status of OAuth 2 related development inside the
> AMBER project? Is there interest in getting involved in development of
> OAuth 2.0? We were thinking of contributing the code to AMBER and
> progressing with the development under the Apache umbrella. We will be
> able to remain actively involved in the development of the library as
> we'll be using it the previously mentioned UMA/j framework.
>
> Looking forward to your reply. I hope we can team up with the
> development of the OAuth 2 protocol.
>
> Cheers,
> Maciej (and Lukasz)

I think there'll be universal approval here.
+1 from me.

Re: OAuth leeloo - OAuth 2.0 implementation

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Guys,
you're like a sunshine after the rain, you both are more than welcome!!! :)
just need more time to give you a more detailed reply, at the moment I
say I'm more than happy seeing you in the ML.
Many thanks!!!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/