Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2009/08/18 04:26:46 UTC

[VOTE RESULTS] was: [VOTE] Release cassandra 0.4.0-beta1

The vote is now closed with the following results:

 * +1 votes: 3 (Matthias Wessendorf, Ant Elder, Ian Holsman)
 * 0 votes: 0
 * -1 votes: 0

The vote passes.

Thanks everyone.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] was: [VOTE] Release cassandra 0.4.0-beta1

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Joe Schaefer<jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> The relevant commit is r665124- Simon Forman doesn't yet have an ICLA
>> on file with the ASF.
>
> I should probably explain the issue in more detail, since only the handful
> of people who have read the Facebook CCLA as it pertains to Thrift
> understand what I'm talking about.
>
> First take a look at http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=665124

Not to muddy the water further, but that commit says it is by mcslee
and reviewed by Simon.  Surely reviewing it doesn't give Simon any
ownership rights?

-Jonathan

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] was: [VOTE] Release cassandra 0.4.0-beta1

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Joe Schaefer<jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

  ...ant

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] was: [VOTE] Release cassandra 0.4.0-beta1

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Works for me, but to get my +1 I need to see
libthrift.jar sorted out.

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 3:53 PM, sebb<se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/08/2009, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 1:01 PM, sebb<se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On 18/08/2009, Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> wrote:
>>  >>
>>  >>  The vote is now closed with the following results:
>>  >>
>>  >>   * +1 votes: 3 (Matthias Wessendorf, Ant Elder, Ian Holsman)
>>  >>   * 0 votes: 0
>>  >>   * -1 votes: 0
>>  >>
>>  >>  The vote passes.
>>  >
>>  > I wish to raise an objection - there are several 3rd party libraries
>>  > in the binary release which don't have have corresponding licenses in
>>  > the LICENSE file.
>>  >
>>  > Furthermore, the NOTICE file fails to credit any of the 3rd party
>>  > libraries, apart from Groovy.
>>  >
>>

>> Sebb, as has been said here on this vote thread, legal-discuss@, and
>>  done in previous releases from other TLPs and poddlings, it doesn't
>>  need to do either of those. The LICENSEs _are_ included in separate
>>  license files and that is an OK approach. And AFAICT none of the 3rd
>>  party dependencies require any mention in the NOTICE file, for example
>>  the LEGAL-59 JIRA agrees nothing is required for the BSD license.
>
> No, it doesn't exactly say that.
> The way I read it currently, the BSD notice needs to go into the
> NOTICE or LICENSE file, not a license file.
> Besides, the JIRA is still open.
>
> Also not resolved is the fact that the main LICENSE file neither
> includes nor has pointers to the other licenses.

It looks like this vote is done so i'll start a new thread on general@
about this.

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] was: [VOTE] Release cassandra 0.4.0-beta1

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:01 PM, sebb<se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/08/2009, Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> wrote:
>>
>>  The vote is now closed with the following results:
>>
>>   * +1 votes: 3 (Matthias Wessendorf, Ant Elder, Ian Holsman)
>>   * 0 votes: 0
>>   * -1 votes: 0
>>
>>  The vote passes.

I was surprised to read this, as I noticed a discussion about the
release on the general@i.a.o list

And Sebb's mail pretty much indicates there are (still) some issues

-matthias

> I wish to raise an objection - there are several 3rd party libraries
> in the binary release which don't have have corresponding licenses in
> the LICENSE file.
>
> Furthermore, the NOTICE file fails to credit any of the 3rd party
> libraries, apart from Groovy.
>
>>  Thanks everyone.
>>
>>  On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 15:08 -0500, Eric Evans wrote:
>>  > The Cassandra community voted on and approved the release of Apache
>>  > Cassandra 0.4.0-beta1. We would now like to request the approval of the
>>  > Incubator PMC for this release.
>>  >
>>  > Cassandra is a massively scalable, eventually consistent, distributed,
>>  > structured key-value store.
>>  >
>>  > Podling Vote thread:
>>  > http://www.mail-archive.com/cassandra-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg00639.html
>>  > 0.4.0-beta1 artifacts: http://people.apache.org/~eevans
>>  > SVN Tag:
>>  > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.4.0-beta1
>>  > Project home: http://incubator.apache.org/cassandra/
>>  > Incubation status: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cassandra.html
>>

>>  --
>>  Eric Evans
>>  eevans@rackspace.com

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] was: [VOTE] Release cassandra 0.4.0-beta1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.