Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2018/05/01 15:32:41 UTC

User queries end up in filterCache if facetting is enabled

Hello,

We noticed the number of entries of the filterCache to be higher than we expected, using showItems="1024" something unexpected was listed as entries of the filterCache, the complete Query.toString() of our user queries, massive entries, a lot of them.

We also spotted all entries of fields we facet on, even though we don't use them as filtes, but that is caused by facet.field=enum, and should be expected, right?

Now, the user query entries are not expected. In the simplest set up, searching for something and only enabling the facet engine with facet=true causes it to appears in the cache as an entry. The following queries:

http://localhost:8983/solr/search/select?q=content_nl:nog&facet=true
http://localhost:8983/solr/search/select?q=*:*&facet=true

become listed as:

CACHE.searcher.filterCache.item_*:*:
    org.apache.solr.search.BitDocSet@&#8203;70051ee0

CACHE.searcher.filterCache.item_content_nl:nog:
    org.apache.solr.search.BitDocSet@&#8203;13150cf6

This is on 7.3, but 7.2.1 does this as well.

So, should i expect this? Can i disable this? Bug?

Thanks,
Markus