Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org> on 2010/05/06 22:19:00 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Tiles-master 2 test build available

The test build of Tiles-master 2 is available.

No determination as to the quality ('alpha,' 'beta,' or 'GA') of Tiles-master
2 has been made, and at this time it is simply a "test build". We
welcome any comments you may have, and will take all feedback into
account if a quality vote is called for this build.

Release notes:

** Bug
    * [TILESSHARED-22] - Fix link to jira under "Project Information --> Issue tracking"
    * Change distribution repository to staging repository
    * Removing License as it's in the apache master
** Improvement
    * Upgrade to apache's parent pom version 7
    * Updated contributor and developer lists [TILESSHARED-19] [TILES-374]

 * http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2/m2-staging-repository/
    (distribution location is same as the repository for a pom project)

Maven 2 staging repository:

 * http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2/m2-staging-repository/

A vote regarding the quality of this test build will be initiated
within the next couple of days.

--
"The only thing I know, is that I know nothing." Socrates
| http://semb.wever.org | http://sesat.no | http://finn.no |

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tiles-master 2 test build available

Posted by Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>.
> > The test build of Tiles-master 2 is available.
>
> At last! Congrats Mick and thank you, especially for your patience :-)

Thank you Antonio!
There are maven releases, and then there's maven releases. :-)

I have a few improvements to
http://tiles.apache.org/framework/dev/release.html ;-) but i get to that
later...

~mck

--
"The old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind." Martin
Luther King. Jr.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/6 Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>:

> The test build of Tiles-master 2 is available.

At last! Congrats Mick and thank you, especially for your patience :-)

Antonio

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tiles-master 2 test build available

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/18 Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>:
>> So it is ok. Please go on with the announcement :-)
>
> Ah, actually again i didn't see the point, unless it's an announcement
> only sent to the dev list (but i think everything here knows by now
> anyway?)

Do it please, I agree that it is useless, but at least there is a
record in the mailing list.

> But i was waiting so that i could commit the change in tiles to use the
> new tiles-master... see r945575

Ok seen, everthing is in place now :-)

Antonio

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tiles-master 2 test build available

Posted by Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/18 Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>:

>> > http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/
>
> This was done 2 days ago but it hasn't been sync'd to
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/tiles/tiles-master/ yet....
>
> Is there anything that i must do to make ibiblio upto date?

Nope, but I see it here:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tiles/tiles-master/2/

So it is ok. Please go on with the announcement :-)

Thanks
Antonio

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tiles-master 2 test build available

Posted by Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>.

Posted by Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>.
> Did you mean:
> http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2/m2-staging-repository/ ?

Yes :-)

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/16 Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>:
> I have now copied (using `mvn stage:copy ...` the contents of
> http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2.2.1/m2-staging-repository/
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/

Did you mean:
http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2/m2-staging-repository/ ?
I presume it is, since the metadata and the artifacts seem ok.

> The *-2-source-release-zip* files are also in
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tiles/v2/ (not yet mirrored/sync'd)
> although i can't see the point of having a pom project available in this
> manner...

Me neither. I think that you can safely remove it, unless there is
someone else that says the opposite.

Antonio

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tiles-master 2 test build available

Posted by Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>.
> > The test build of Tiles-master 2 is available.
>
> Just a note: when you will release it in the main repository, use the
> Maven stage plugin, as stated in the "Move artifacts" section of the
> release process page.

I have now copied (using `mvn stage:copy ...` the contents of
http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2.2.1/m2-staging-repository/
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/

The *-2-source-release-zip* files are also in
http://www.apache.org/dist/tiles/v2/ (not yet mirrored/sync'd)
although i can't see the point of having a pom project available in this
manner...

~mck

--
"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." Mae
West

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/6 Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>:

> The test build of Tiles-master 2 is available.

Just a note: when you will release it in the main repository, use the
Maven stage plugin, as stated in the "Move artifacts" section of the
release process page.
I hoped that release:stage would take care of creating the correct
metadata, but it didn't (cannot see the version 1 of tiles-master),
thus the need of the stage plugin.
This is annoying, sorry for pushing release:stage so much (it is a
minimal advantage, the one that separates the staging repository from
the release one).

Antonio