Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Daors Islami <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/01 08:38:57 UTC

How to not load dummy demo data in PostgreSQL

Hello OfBiz Community, I just wanted to ask directly without losing anyone time,  I have connected OfBiz with PostgreSQL and I just want to load only the essential data to be able to use the app (f.e the user account for logging in) not the demo data!

I have read:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizTechnicalProductionSetupGuide-InitialDataLoading

And there it says that I should use the command:
gradlew “ofbiz –load-data readers=seed,seed-initial”

I tried it and it didn’t work for me, maybe I misunderstood it.

Is there a gradle command to remove the dummy data from the tables or how is it possible to achieve this, I only want to be able to go into the app and add data myself not to load dummy data. I’m new to OfBiz and learning it daily.

Thank you for your time,
Best regards,
Daors.

Re: How to not load dummy demo data in PostgreSQL

Posted by Daors Islami <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques thank you so much for the reply it really helped me a lot,

If I could ask you one more thing it would really mean a lot for me and
hopefully I won't waste you too much time.

My problem is that I created a plugin and want to show it as the first Menu
at the Menu Bar at the top
I saw that at the backend in Java the webappinfo is sorted by the webapp
title with a TreeMap is there a way that I can put it the first item even
if it starts for example with "SalesTest"
I researched and one way of achieving it was by going to each
ofbiz-component.xml and add  app-bar-display='false' so in this way the
plugins won't  won't appear at the top menu but I feel like it's not
efficient going to each components file and adding this,
is there any other way.

Thank you so much for your time,
Best regards,
Daors