Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jon Machtynger <jo...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/06/28 09:47:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Backup/recovery strategies

All,

I have two Redhat 9 servers with Apache 2.0.40-21 installed.

After a serious disk crash, I'm now using the second machine as an
emergency server for the first.  In order to do this, I've backed up the
/var/www and /etc/httpd directories. These are then copied across to the
secondary machine on a daily basis and restored to the same locations.

I also do the same with mysql db's etc.

Other than changing the network configuration on switching over of the
machines, is there anything else I might to consider?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jon