Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by David Goblirsch <dg...@interactivebrokers.com> on 2010/03/02 16:24:35 UTC

Re: Ivy + hudson CI - problems downloading artifacts, please, help

David Goblirsch wrote:
> Maarten Coene wrote:
>> ok, I've found a place in the Ivy code that could cause the resolve
>> to hang.
>> I've fixed that particular problem in SVN trunk. Could you try again
>> with the latest Ivy code from trunk to see if the problem has been
>> fixed?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Maarten
>>

> Fixed! I downloaded the jar 2.2.0.20100227220116.jar from your Hudson
> server, and it worked. Thank you so much.
>
> David

However, we just discovered that having that setting,

   <caches lockStrategy="artifact-lock" />

breaks the resolve in IvyDE 2.1 on Eclipse 3.5R1 (JEE version) even
using the new pre-release jar.
That is, clicking on ivy.xml[*] to "Resolve" produces nothing, leaving
the build path empty.

Posted by David Goblirsch <dg...@interactivebrokers.com>.
Maarten Coene wrote:
> Very strange, I don't see a reason why this shouldn't work for IvyDE.
> Don't you see any error messages appear on the Ivy console in your Eclipse?
>
> Maarten

I didn't pursue it because we only need the artifact locking for Hudson
because of the multiple executors.
So I just set the strategy to "artifact-lock" for the Hudson user, and
"no-lock" for others, which matches
how we operate.

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.