Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk> on 2012/02/22 13:16:42 UTC

Using adviceWith in CamelSpringTestSupport

Hi

Seems that there is an error in Camel test support for
CamelSpringTestSupport when u want to use adviceWith on a Spring DSL defined
route.

        @Override
	public boolean isUseAdviceWith() {
		// tell we are using advice with, which allows us to advice the route
		// before Camel is being started, and thus can replace activemq with
		// something else.
		return true;
	}

	@Test
	public void testExample() throws Exception {
		context.getRouteDefinition("myroute").adviceWith(context, new
AdviceWithRouteBuilder() {
			@Override
				replaceFromWith("direct:start");
				// weaveById("publisher").after().to("mock:tracks");
			}
		});
		context.start();

When the route startes I get an error 'Should have at least one route' from
assertValidContext in CamelSpringTestSupport.

Is this expected ? And shouldn't CamelSpringTestSupport behave like
CamelTestSupport ?

cheers
Preben

Re: Using adviceWith in CamelSpringTestSupport

Posted by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk>.
Thans Created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-5028

Re: Using adviceWith in CamelSpringTestSupport

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

There is a method you need to override, and return 0 for
getExepctedRoute or something like that.

But yeah I think we can remove that old assertion, as its not as
relevant anymore. I guess it was used as a failsafe to ensure the
spring bits get started up. Its from the old 1.x days.

Feel free to create a JIRA ticket.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Preben.Asmussen <pr...@dr.dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Seems that there is an error in Camel test support for
> CamelSpringTestSupport when u want to use adviceWith on a Spring DSL defined
> route.
>
>        @Override
>        public boolean isUseAdviceWith() {
>                // tell we are using advice with, which allows us to advice the route
>                // before Camel is being started, and thus can replace activemq with
>                // something else.
>                return true;
>        }
>
>        @Test
>        public void testExample() throws Exception {
>                context.getRouteDefinition("myroute").adviceWith(context, new
> AdviceWithRouteBuilder() {
>                        @Override
>                        public void configure() throws Exception {
>                                replaceFromWith("direct:start");
>                                // weaveById("publisher").after().to("mock:tracks");
>                        }
>                });
>                context.start();
>

> When the route startes I get an error 'Should have at least one route' from
> assertValidContext in CamelSpringTestSupport.
>
> Is this expected ? And shouldn't CamelSpringTestSupport behave like
> CamelTestSupport ?
>
> cheers
> Preben

Claus Ibsen