Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Jeff Lewis <jd...@xactware.com> on 2000/01/11 16:15:51 UTC

Using Xerces .dll with VC++ 6.0

I am trying to use Xerces, specifically DOMParser and the DOM_* classes,
within my own application.  When I try to declare a DOMParser, my program's
call stack goes awry.  (And terrible things ensue...)

I have tried using both the .dlls that are provided in the binary drop as
well as recompiling the source myself, yet have been unable to get a stable
build...  I have also tried manipulating many of the compiler settings in
both Xerces and my code so that they match, but still to no avail...

Can anyone think of what I may be missing?

OS:		NT/98/95
COMPILER:	VC++ 6.0

Thanks,

Re: Using Xerces .dll with VC++ 6.0

Posted by Andy Heninger <he...@us.ibm.com>.
> I have also tried manipulating many of the compiler settings in
> both Xerces and my code so that they match, but still to no avail...
>
> Can anyone think of what I may be missing?

The problem is most likely one of these project settings.  There are so many
of them that it's hard to get them all lined up.   The settings in the C/C++
tab, under code generation, are prime suspects.   To use the pre-built DLL,
the settings should be

     Calling convention:  __cdecl *
     Run Time Library:  Multithreaded DLL  (or debug multi-threaded DLL)
     Struct member alignment:  8 bytes

Another good option is to rebuild the DLL from the source using your project
settings.

   -- Andy

RE: Using Xerces .dll with VC++ 6.0

Posted by Jean Georges PERRIN <jg...@4js.com>.
You should have a look at the source distribution and look at the samples'
parameters (like multithreading, etc.)...

I have found the source distribution must easier to understand.

HIH

Jean Georges PERRIN
--
Four J's Development Tools (www.4js.com)