Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2005/11/01 18:45:20 UTC

[m2] Preparing for a Clover plugin release

Hi,

As the clover is now working fine I'd like to think about releasing it.

I have several questions:

1) It works only with Maven 2.0.1. I'd like to specify this in the plugin
(see my other email on the list on this topic). I'd still like to release a
version of the plugin.

2) I'd like to create a separate JIRA project for the Clover plugin (with
jira id: MNGCLOVER). Is that ok?

3) What version number should the clover plugin have? Currently it has a
version of 2.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT as I think it was released in alpha 1 some
time back. So I guess it should be released as 2.0-alpha-2? Do we have to
wait till Maven 2.0.1 is released before releasing it as a final 2.0? What
are the rules for plugin releases: should they go through alpha, betas, rc r
can they go directly to a release as was done in m1?

4) I've never done a plugin release yet for m2. Are there instructions
somewhere on the site (as there were instructions for doing this in m1)? Do
I need special rights?

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: [m2] Preparing for a Clover plugin release

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

I have thought about this too but it doesn't work...

What is important to understand is that in JIRA one project = one release
lifecycle. So if you have 2 projects that have 2 release lifecycles then it
means you need 2 JIRA projects.

-Vincent

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

What do you guys think about reusing the MPxx jira projects creating
new versions eg. "m2-1.0" or something like that. It will prevent a
lot of work managing different jira projects.

Regards

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As the clover is now working fine I'd like to think about releasing it.
>
> I have several questions:
>
> 1) It works only with Maven 2.0.1. I'd like to specify this in the plugin
> (see my other email on the list on this topic). I'd still like to release a
> version of the plugin.

Prefer to get it working for 2.0

> 2) I'd like to create a separate JIRA project for the Clover plugin (with
> jira id: MNGCLOVER). Is that ok?

Not yet. Let's do this consistently for everything vefore firing off
another set of projects. I'll bring back the dev process emails today.

> 3) What version number should the clover plugin have? Currently it has a
> version of 2.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT as I think it was released in alpha 1 some
> time back. So I guess it should be released as 2.0-alpha-2? Do we have to
> wait till Maven 2.0.1 is released before releasing it as a final 2.0? What
> are the rules for plugin releases: should they go through alpha, betas, rc r
> can they go directly to a release as was done in m1?

I think given the distribution nature, we should encourage complete
testing of snapshots, and make final releases. We should improve the
plugin management in 2.1.

> 4) I've never done a plugin release yet for m2. Are there instructions
> somewhere on the site (as there were instructions for doing this in m1)? Do
> I need special rights?

They are similar, using the release plugin (release:prepare,
release:perform -Dgoals="deploy site-deploy").

- Brett