Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by David Novogrodsky <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/26 23:55:21 UTC

Newbie question. I am new to Ambari, Is there a good tutorial on using Ambari? Is there a sandbox?

All,

I am new to Ambari.  I am looking for a good tutorial on using Ambari to
manage a small Hadoop cluster.  I know there are many out there but I would
just like the opinion of the people on this list.

Is there an sandbox where Ambari has already been installed?
David Novogrodsky
david.novogrodsky@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidnovogrodsky

Re: Newbie question. I am new to Ambari, Is there a good tutorial on using Ambari? Is there a sandbox?

Posted by Ravi Mutyala <rm...@gmail.com>.
If you are looking for sandbox, you can take a look at the hortonworks
sandbox.

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/lap-around-deploying-managing-configuring-hdp-ambari-1-7/
has some overview. Once you have sandbox running, if you can set multiple
VMs on the same network, you can use ambari on the sandbox to add more
nodes.

I use vagrant approach pointed by jun to build test clusters.

Posted by jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi David,