Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Edward Middleton <ed...@vortorus.net> on 2010/03/27 18:36:04 UTC

adding an id to token sequence.

I have a sequence of uniq tokens and I would like to add a sequential
unique integer id to each token.  I appreciate that this is going to be
difficult because mapping is likely to be performed in multiple tasks.
Is there a good way of doing this in pig?

Cheers,

Edward

RE: adding an id to token sequence.

Posted by Santhosh Srinivasan <sm...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Someone posted the following post about adding unique row ids using
MapReduce:
http://www.data-miners.com/blog/2009/11/hadoop-and-mapreduce-parallel-pr
ogram.html

Hope that helps.