Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <th...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/07 10:59:42 UTC

[Documentation] "Reading from database".java should mention that "database.setName(..)" should be called in order to generate reloadable XML

I just noticed that the method described to read from a database, put
together with the method to write to XML does not produce XML-files that
can be read in again with the method to read from xml.

I found that a "database.setName("whatever")" had to be called before
writing to xml to remidy this.

--
  Thorbjørn

Re: [Documentation] "Reading from database".java should mention that "database.setName(..)" should be called in order to generate reloadable XML

Posted by Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <th...@gmail.com>.
Thomas Dudziak wrote:

>On 11/7/05, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I just noticed that the method described to read from a database, put
>>together with the method to write to XML does not produce XML-files that
>>can be read in again with the method to read from xml.
>>
>>I found that a "database.setName("whatever")" had to be called before
>>writing to xml to remidy this.
>>

>You're right, the jdbc model reader does not set the database name
>yet. Could you file an issue with JIRA ?
>
>Tom

This is DDLUTILS-43.

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.