Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Doug Hughes <dh...@alagad.com> on 2009/05/10 05:06:43 UTC

Creating archetypes and disabling velocity

Hi,

I'm in the process of creating my first archetype.  I've based it on the
simple-webapp archetype, but I've added the entire ColdFusion application.
This is 4114 files total.  I can build and install the archetype just fine
using mvn install just fine.  However, when I use mvn archetype:create to
create a new project based on my archetype I get this in the resulting
output:

[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template =
archetype-resources/src/main/webapp/CFIDE/adminapi/_datasource/getaccessdefaultsfromregistry.cfm
[line 17,column 20] : $coldfusion is not a valid reference.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template =
archetype-resources/src/main/webapp/CFIDE/adminapi/_datasource/getaccessdefaultsfromregistry.cfm
[line 17,column 31] : $tagext is not a valid reference.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template =
archetype-resources/src/main/webapp/CFIDE/adminapi/_datasource/getaccessdefaultsfromregistry.cfm
[line 17,column 38] : $lang is not a valid reference.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template =
archetype-resources/src/main/webapp/CFIDE/adminapi/_datasource/getaccessdefaultsfromregistry.cfm
[line 17,column 43] : $RegistryTag is not a valid reference.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template =
archetype-resources/src/main/webapp/CFIDE/adminapi/_datasource/getaccessdefaultsfromregistry.cfm
[line 62,column 244] : $Lcoldfusion is not a valid reference.
[ERROR] ResourceManager.getResource() parse exception:
org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException: Lexical error:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 206,
column 35.  Encountered: <EOF> after : ""

I think that what's going on is that the Velosity templating system is
seeing $ or ${ or something like that in the ColdFusion files.  I'm trying
to find a way to tell velosity to ignore these files.  Any tips on this?
I've read every line of documentation on the archetype plugin I can find,
but there's no clear answer.

I did find one page which discussed a file called archetype-metadata.xml.
The simple-webapp archetype I based this on didn't have one of these files.
I added it under src/main/resources/META-INF/maven, with the following XML,
but it didn't seem to have any effect at all the next time I tried to create
my archetype:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<archetype-descriptor name="basic">
  <fileSets>
    <fileSet filtered="false" packaged="true">
      <directory>src/main</directory>
      <includes>
        <include>**/*.*</include>
      </includes>
    </fileSet>
  </fileSets>
</archetype-descriptor>

I get the impression that there are two versions of the archetype plugin and
that the I might be building my archetype based on documentation on the
archetype 1 plugin and that the archetype-metadata.xml file is specific to
version 2?

Thanks for your help,

Doug Hughes, President
Alagad Inc.
dhughes@alagad.com
888 Alagad4 (x300)
Office: 919-550-0755
Fax: 888-248-7836

RE: Creating archetypes and disabling velocity

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

can you display the maven-metadata.xml (and your project's pom.xml) and display the command you are using which *should* reproduce this error?

thanks,
Martin
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
2009/5/11 Doug Hughes <do...@doughughes.net>:
> Thank you!  That was extremely helpful!
>
> I used -DarchetypeFilteredExtentions as you recommended and was able to
> create my archetype and generate based on this and my new project was setup
> perfectly (or so it seems right now).
>
> I've logged the Jira ticket as your requested for the xNl file extension.

Thanks i saw it ;-)

Raphaël

Posted by Doug Hughes <do...@doughughes.net>.

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Doug,

Posted by Doug Hughes <do...@doughughes.net>.

Posted by Doug Hughes <do...@doughughes.net>.
Martin,

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
how about adding includes for wanted extensions and excludes for files to be excluded
such as this FileSet declaration for archetype-metadata.xml file?

<archetype-descriptor>
<!-- usual declaration statements -->
<fileSets>
    <fileSet filtered="true" packaged="false">
      <directory>src/site</directory>
      <includes>
        <include>**/*.ftl</include>
      </includes>
      <excludes>
        <exclude>**/*.vm</exclude>
      </excludes?
    </fileSet>
</fileSets>
</archetype-descriptor>

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/fileset.html
?
Martin Gainty
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.

> Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 21:39:31 +0200
> Subject: Re: Creating archetypes and disabling velocity
> From: heinrich.nirschl@gmail.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
>
> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Doug Hughes <dh...@alagad.com> wrote:
> > Rather than editing my source files, is there not a way to disable velocity
> > for spcific files or folders?  I ask because some of the problem files in my
> > archetype are binary.  I'm not too comfortable editing those by hand as you
> > suggest.  And I think they may be related to the problems I'm seeing.
>
> Did you try the filtered="false" attribute in the
> archetype-metadata.xml file when you used the archetype:generate goal?
>
> - Henry

Hotmail® goes with you.

Re: Creating archetypes and disabling velocity

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Doug Hughes <dh...@alagad.com>.

On May 10, 2009, at 12:41 PM, Heinrich Nirschl <heinrich.nirschl@gmail.com

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.