Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/14 16:30:15 UTC

[VOTE][Codec] Release Commons Codec 1.6-RC1

Good day to you all:

I have prepared Commons Codec 1.6-RC1.

Tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/codec/tags/commons-codec-1.6-RC1

Site:

https://people.apache.org/builds/commons/codec/1.6/RC1/

Binaries:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-181/

[ ] +1 release it
[ ] +0 go ahead, I cannot take the time
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because:

This VOTE is open for 72 hours, until November 17 2011, 11:00 EST.

Fixed Bugs:
o Use standard Maven directory layout.  Issue: CODEC-129. Thanks to
ggregory.
o Documentation spelling fixes.  Issue: CODEC-128. Thanks to
ville.skytta@iki.fi.
o Fix various character encoding issues in comments and test cases.  Issue:
CODEC-127.
o ColognePhonetic Javadoc should use HTML entities for special characters.
Issue: CODEC-123.

Changes:
o Implement a Beider-Morse phonetic matching codec.  Issue: CODEC-125.
Thanks to Matthew Pocock.
o Migrate to Java 5.  Issue: CODEC-119.
o Migrate to JUnit 4.  Issue: CODEC-120.

Heads up: the Beider-Morse encoder tests take a long time to run (5
minutes). The code has been optimized.

Thank you,
Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE][Codec] Release Commons Codec 1.6-RC1

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Seb,
in the company I just experienced the wagon-plugin[1] to upload some
artifacts to a remote server via scp. What would miss is the tgz/zip
md5/sha1 checksums that are managed by thr deploy plugin, that could
generated anyway by the maven-checksum-plugin[2]

A little tricky, but would work in the release profile... I can show
you all in a patch if needed

Simo

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/wagon-maven-plugin/upload-mojo.html
[2] http://nicoulaj.github.com/maven-checksum-plugin/

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Simone Tripodi
<si...@apache.org>wrote:

> Thanks a lot Gary, I lazily didn't notice that section! :)

YW,

Can we move this to a separate thread? ...and focus on voting :)

Gary

Simo

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Gary!

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I'll cancel this VOTE for the reasons Sebb pointed.

Gary

[CANCEL][VOTE][Codec] Release Commons Codec 1.6-RC1

Posted by Gary Gregory <gg...@apache.org>.
This VOTE is canceled for the reasons outlined by Sebb.

JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: http://bit.ly/ECvg0
Spring Batch in Action: http://bit.ly/bqpbCK
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory <http://twitter.com/GaryGregory>

Re: [VOTE][Codec] Release Commons Codec 1.6-RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.