Posted to users@maven.apache.org by goffredo <go...@twibble.org> on 2005/03/31 08:24:09 UTC

simple config query ...

Hi,

I am sure this has been discussed before, so sorry for the repetition.
I obtain this error from my first build of a particlar application on
my machine:

> C:\MelbourneNursingJava\users_from_e\nursing_rates\src\SampleServlet.java:12:
> package javax.servlet.http does not exist import javax.servlet.http.*;

I have all sorts of servlet stuff on my machine, but I don't know how to
include it in the Maven project.xml file. Can't I just set TOMCAT_HOME somewhere
?
This error does not refer to a complete webapp, but simply to a sample
servlet file that otherwise compiles fine under my IDE. I would simply like
to include all the relevant javax.* jars and forget about it.

Any help appreciated.
Regards
Goffredo