Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Ing. Hans Pesata" <hp...@chello.at> on 2002/05/06 15:45:30 UTC

XML output

Hi !

I just wanted to ask if anybody has found a decent approach to generate XML
output ?!
I am using a SAX2-parser to parse my XML-data-files and I also want to be
able to write the
data back to a XML-file.

I read the threads about creating XML-output by using a content-handler and
creating the appriopriate events,
does "generate SAX-events" mean, calling the functions within the
content-handler
(e.g. startElement()...) from an above layer ?

I also looked at the SAX2PRINT example and I suppose I would have to use a
XMLFormatTarget-object too
to generate the output ?!

I also didnt undertstand the comment, why this apporach is "validating",
because I dont think I have
to use a parser-object to call tzhe content-handler-functions ?!

any hints/comments would be appreciated,
thanx in advance!

Regards,
Hans Pesata