Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Christopher Fitch <do...@midsouth.rr.com> on 2004/11/29 17:04:37 UTC

Questions about commons-launcher and ant Task for java process management

Hello,
  I asked Stefan a question about the Task class and he suggested that I ask the
ant dev list:

I have been digging in to the Java class in the org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs
package and I was wondering if the functionality provided in the class is
available in a seperate library or if there is another library available that
provides the same functionality.

I need to start, monitor, and stop seperate JVMs from a another JVM and the ant
Task class seems to be a great starting point but I would prefer not to include
the ant libraries. I checked out the commons-launcher but it has the same set of
dependencies since it extends Task. I like that these classes are focused on
spawning JVMs.

Is there another java API I could use for this function?

Thanks!

--

Christopher Fitch
dominatr@midsouth.rr.com