Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Ken Weiner <kw...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/20 11:02:35 UTC

Use of Maven 2

Are there any plans to use Maven 2 to build and configure the dependencies
for DdlUtils?  If this is desireable, I don't mind helping out with this.

Also, speaking of Maven, is a Maven plugin for DdlToDatabase and
DatabaseToDdl on the roadmap?

-Ken

Re: Use of Maven 2

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
I'll try to get the pom in tonight, with a big disclaimer that it is not meant to build ddlutils :)
A maven2 plugin will not be released before the official ddlutils release, since else there will be missing dependencies on ibiblio. I'll resolve the JIRA issue when the plugin is in Subversion. Maybe I can have a go at it this week else it will be next week, when I don't have to work ;)

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: Use of Maven 2

Posted by Ken Weiner <kw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Use of Maven 2

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Re: Use of Maven 2

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 12/20/05, Ken Weiner <kw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any plans to use Maven 2 to build and configure the dependencies
> for DdlUtils?  If this is desireable, I don't mind helping out with this.
>
> Also, speaking of Maven, is a Maven plugin for DdlToDatabase and
> DatabaseToDdl on the roadmap?

I'm not really fond of Maven 1 (haven't used Maven 2), so DdlUtils
won't use Maven to build in the foreseeable future. Also, DdlUtils
does not have too much dependencies, so bundling them into the
DdlUtils dist should not be too much hassle.
Of course, you're welcome to create a Maven task (don't know how
difficult that is), and define a dependency list for DdlUtils to be
used within Maven, and I will add these to DdlUtils (please use JIRA
for this, and attach any source to an issue there).

Tom