Posted to user@roller.apache.org by richiebaby <ri...@logica.com> on 2008/10/03 11:41:57 UTC

Planet Aggregator has stopped updating

I am using Roller V4.0

I have a Planet aggregator front page, for some reason the latest blog
entries are no longer appearing.

Could someone please tell me what steps to take to investigate/debug/resolve
this?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Planet Aggregator has stopped updating

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 11:41 AM, richiebaby <ri...@logica.com> wrote:
> I am using Roller V4.0
> I have a Planet aggregator front page, for some reason the latest blog
> entries are no longer appearing.
>
> Could someone please tell me what steps to take to investigate/debug/resolve this?

Take a look in the roller.log file and see if you see any error
messages. That include the word "planet"

You can turn on additional debug logging by adding this to your
roller-custom.properties file:

   log4j.category.org.apache.roller.planet=DEBUG
   log4j.category.org.apache.roller.weblogger.planet=DEBUG

And look for the part of the log where Planet is running the
RefreshRollerPlanetTask. Is that task running? Is it creating error
messages?

- Dave