Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by johper <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/21 09:40:01 UTC

WireTap with processSync not processAsync

How to configure servicemix-eip (eip:wire-tap) to use processSync ?

Re: WireTap with processSync not processAsync

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Transaction is an area where big improvements could be done,
I do fully agree on that. Apart from the declarative transaction
need (and avoid hacking the existing code when possible),
I'm not sure to understand where your problem is.
Anyway, for files, there is no real need for transactions
(in the "xa transaction" term): the file poller should be configured
so that the behavior can be controlled when the error comes back
in an ERROR state.
I guess we should schedule the file for processing later, right ?
And maybe add a dead letter queue policy ?  But all components
would need that, so it need to be put somewhere where all components
could benefit ?  As all such features are already provided by JMS,
maybe it should be set up on the jms / jca flow, or with an intermediary
component that could use an embedded ActiveMQ broker ....

On 3/21/07, johper <ka...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My SA consists of a LW-SU  with overridden FilePoller and EIP-SU with
> WireTap. WireTap goes to LW-SU overridden FTPSender (target) and LW-SU
> overridden FileWriter (listener). I tried to start a transaction.begin
> around the sendSync in the FilePoller. From FTPSender when no connection
> is
> made I mark the transaction rollbackonly. When execution comes back to
> FilePoller the transaction is not valid and I would like the file not to
> be
> polled. The only way to make this is to throw an Exception from FilePoller
> otherwise it "consumes" the file?
> Declarative transaction mgmnt would be nice, but now transaction handling
> is
> in the code?
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > EIP patterns process exchanges synchronously if
> > they have been sent using sendSync and are transacted,
> > else it defaults to use the asynchronous mode.
> > Do you experience any problem with that ?
> >
> > On 3/21/07, johper <ka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> How to configure servicemix-eip (eip:wire-tap) to use processSync ?
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Architect, LogicBlaze (http://www.logicblaze.com/)
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: WireTap with processSync not processAsync

Posted by johper <ka...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.