Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by karpaczio <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/20 13:05:07 UTC

Redis component

Hi
   I've a redis instance, that is a store for some short-lived data.
I wonder if there is a component in camel, that:
* regularly checks, if some predefined key in redis exists and contains some
value
* if it does, then fetch it

What I've found is https://github.com/bibryam/camel-redis but I'd prefer to
use sth more mature.

Any ideas how I can accomplish that ?

best
Lukas

Re: Redis component

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lukas,

I'm working on that github camel-redis project at the moment, but as you
already found out it is still WIP, but even that it can be enough for your
simple case.

Another approach would be to create your own bean, that will use
jedis/spring redis template or another Redis client to get the value from
redis. Then you can use the bean as part of a Camel route.

HTH
Bilgin Ibryam