Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Marc Strapetz <ma...@syntevo.com> on 2007/10/09 09:00:50 UTC

svn log -g gives inconsistent merge info

I have performed various merges from branches to other branches and
finally back to the trunk and now get following revisions for "svn log
-g svn://localhost":

r36
r35 result of merge from r36
r34 result of merge from r36, r35
r33 result of merge from r36, r35, r34
r25 result of merge from r36, r35
r35
r34 result of merge from r35
r33 result of merge from r35, r34
r34
r33 result of merge from r34
r33
r32

What is inconsistent here it that r25 is reported as result of merge
from r35 (as part of r36 report), but it's not reported anymore for r35
itself. I'm not sure whether r25 should actually be reported because I
have played with svn:mergeinfo at r35 and at r36, but I would anyway not
expect this mixture.

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz

Re: svn log -g gives inconsistent merge info

Posted by Marc Strapetz <ma...@syntevo.com>.
> Marc, would it be possible to open an issue, and assign it 1.5-consider?

Done, it's issue #3010.

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Hyrum K. Wright wrote:

> Marc Strapetz wrote:
> > Hello Hyrum,
> >
> >> Thanks for the testing and the report.  Could you run 'svn log -gv' and
> >> show the result?  I'm curious to see which paths were affected by which
> >> revisions.  Alternatively, if the repo is such that you could post a
> >> dumpfile somewhere I could download it from, I could poke at it myself.
> >
> > I have sent the test repo directly to you one week ago, did you receive
> > it? If not, shall I immediately open a bug report instead?
>
> I did receiver it, and I've had a chance to open it up and investigate,
> but haven't dug too deeply.  I've been buried underneath other projects,
> but plan on working at the issue this weekend.  (If others are
> interested, I can forward Marc's repo.)
>
> Thanks for the patience.

Any progress?

Re: svn log -g gives inconsistent merge info

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.

Posted by Marc Strapetz <ma...@syntevo.com>.
Hello Hyrum,

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
Marc Strapetz wrote:
> I have performed various merges from branches to other branches and
> finally back to the trunk and now get following revisions for "svn log
> -g svn://localhost":
>
> r36
> r35 result of merge from r36
> r34 result of merge from r36, r35
> r33 result of merge from r36, r35, r34
> r25 result of merge from r36, r35
> r35
> r34 result of merge from r35
> r33 result of merge from r35, r34
> r34
> r33 result of merge from r34
> r33
> r32
>
> What is inconsistent here it that r25 is reported as result of merge
> from r35 (as part of r36 report), but it's not reported anymore for r35
> itself. I'm not sure whether r25 should actually be reported because I
> have played with svn:mergeinfo at r35 and at r36, but I would anyway not
> expect this mixture.

Marc,