Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by zanas <dd...@live.com> on 2009/10/01 13:22:33 UTC

HTTP request parameters from file

Is there anyway of using a file to fill the HTTP request parameters(GET or
POST variables)? My company has a page that gets a lot of information from a
POST request, what I want to do is to request this page with different
parameters (using different files with parameters). Using CSV DATA SET is
not a solution because this POST REQUEST has the ridiculous amount of 290
variables. I am thinking in extending JMeter but I don't think I have the
time for it.

Re: HTTP request parameters from file

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
And another option is if these are *mostly* hidden variables (or displayed
in <input> element variables) then you can
write a couple of regex's that extract out all the data and use a BSH
preprocessor to fill in most of this data (I once had a page with about 60
<input type="hidden" > elements)

regards
deepak

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.