Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "sean chen(陈思淼)" <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/16 18:02:19 UTC

What's the meaning of addedToClasspath and includesDependencies when make own packaging type?

<component>
	<role>
		org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.ArtifactHandler
	</role>
	<role-hint>magma</role-hint>
	<implementation>
		org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.DefaultArtifactHandler
	</implementation>
	<configuration>
		<type>magma</type>
		<language>java</language>		<addedToClasspath>true</addedToClasspath>
                <includesDependencies >true</includesDependencies>

   	</configuration>
</component>

I think that may related to dependency manage when maven deal with the
self-define packaging type.

but who know the exact meaning of it?

Re: What's the meaning of addedToClasspath and includesDependencies when make own packaging type?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
When used as a dependency type, something like the compiler plugin
will add it to the classpath. If it's not meant to be used in that way
(eg, WAR), it won't be.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter