Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by alex01130 <al...@hotmail.com> on 2009/04/05 11:27:23 UTC

Trinidad Event handling

Hi,

I'd like to handle an "onfocus"-Event of  a trinidatd input text field.

I tried this:

public void stopUpdate(javax.faces.event.ActionEvent ae){
    updateTimer  = false;
}

It doesn't work, but renders rubbish on the page.

How can I handle this event server side?

Thanks in advance

alex

Re: Trinidad Event handling

Posted by alex01130 <al...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Adrian,

thanks for your reply.
You answered my question, if it is possible to handle theese kind of events
server side.
Alex

> I'd like to handle an "onfocus"-Event of a trinidatd input text field.
>
> I tried this:

> partialTriggers="timer" onfocus="#{customerBean.stopUpdate}" columns="16"
> />
>
> public void stopUpdate(javax.faces.event.ActionEvent ae){
> updateTimer = false;
> }
>
> It doesn't work, but renders rubbish on the page.
>
> How can I handle this event server side?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> alex

It's because onfocus is client side event. You can add javascript that
submits the form and calls action (like clicking a command link)

--
Although nobody can come back and make a new start, anyone can start
now and make a new end

Re: Trinidad Event handling

Posted by Adrian Mitev <ad...@googlemail.com>.