Posted to user@pig.apache.org by prasenjit mukherjee <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/29 16:25:03 UTC

passing hadoop params to pig-0.3.1

I am using pig-0.3.1. Is there a way to pass hadoop params ( like
-Dmapred.task.timeout=0 ) to pig executable ? Even if its not
straightforward can I acheive that by modifying the pig.sh script
itself ?

-Thanks,
Prasen

RE: passing hadoop params to pig-0.3.1

Posted by Pradeep Kamath <pr...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I haven't seen the pig.sh script, but I believe passing it on the java
cmdline which launches pig (java -Dmapred.task.timeout=0 <rest of
cmdline for pig>) should have the effect of passing the property to the
JobConf for all hadoop jobs launched by the pig script.

Pradeep

You can set the PIG_OPTS environment variable, everything in it will
be passed to the pig executable. I am not confident that it will
necessarily have an effect on the hadoop jobs, since iirc that
requires Pig to explicitly pass the opts on to hadoop.

-D

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.