Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/29 13:47:12 UTC

Problem in using a security realm added through geronimo console

Here is the description of problem I am facing.

I have created a simple web application that uses a FORM authentication
method.  In the deployment plan, I have configured the application to use
"geronimo-properties-realm".  The application works fine.

At this point a added a new realm with name "onemore-properties-realm"
through the "Security Realms" portlet.  I have modified the deployment plan
to use this newly added security realm and redeployed the application.  The
security part of this application does not work anymore.  I am getting the
following exception on login attempt.

17:41:53,036 INFO  [JAASJettyRealm] problem
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.lang.NullPointerException:
target is null
    at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicProxyManager.createProxy(
BasicProxyManager.java:104)
    at org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.client.JaasLoginCoordinator.connect
(JaasLoginCoordinator.java:173)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.client.JaasLoginCoordinator.initialize(
JaasLoginCoordinator.java:85)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModule(Unknown Source)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JAASJettyRealm.authenticate(
JAASJettyRealm.java:92)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FormAuthenticator$FormCredential.authenticate(
FormAuthenticator.java:305)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FormAuthenticator.authenticate(
FormAuthenticator.java:148)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty.interceptor.SecurityContextBeforeAfter.obtainUser(
SecurityContextBeforeAfter.java:282)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty.interceptor.SecurityContextBeforeAfter.checkSecurityConstraints
(SecurityContextBeforeAfter.java:191)
    at org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyWebAppContext.checkSecurityConstraints
(JettyWebAppContext.java:520)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(
WebApplicationHandler.java:432)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java
:568)
    at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1565)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(
WebApplicationContext.java:633)
    at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1517)
    at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
    at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:983)
    at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
    at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java
:244)
    at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
    at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)

Re: Problem in using a security realm added through geronimo console

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Done.  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1248

-Vamsi

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.