Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org> on 2007/01/05 05:14:09 UTC

Re: Simple Query using OJB

Hi Jay,

Xu, Jie (MED US) wrote:
> Hello,
>

> We are using OJB in our Web application and we turn on the trace to
> monitor the DataSource connections. We find that when we are running a
> simple query through OJB, some time the connection will be in use for
> quite long time (say 16 seconds). Any insight on this?

Could you please post the query and the mapping of the queried object?
Do you lookup a PB instance, perform the query and close the used PB
instance immediately after use?

regards,
Armin

Re: Simple Query using OJB

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Jay,

the object you request (WcpusesVO) has no references and the query is a
simple lookup by PK. I don't think that the long response time was
caused by OJB.

Does the WCPUSES table contains many rows (millions?)? If possible
optimize the table.

Could it be a concurrency issue and another thread/client locks the table?

Could it be a JVM garbage collector issue (the GC runs while the query
is executed)?

If you are using OJB 1.0.4 you can optimize "lookup by PK" using the
IdentityFactory and PB.getObjectByIdentity
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/tutorials/pb-tutorial.html#Find+object+by+primary+key

regards,
Armin

RE: Simple Query using OJB