Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Mark Lewis <ma...@mir3.com> on 2005/02/22 22:51:56 UTC

Automatic whitespace trimming?

We use XmlBeans to parse a moderately large schema, so there are
hundreds of type objects, etc.

Every single time we retrieve a string value from an instance of this
particular schema, we would like to trim() the string to eliminate
leading/trailing whitespace.

If possible, I would like to avoid the headache of ensuring that my
developers always remember the .trim() and invariably missing it
somewhere.

Any bright ideas for a simple solution?  It would be ideal if I could
simply instruct XmlBeans to automatically trim Strings in each getXXX()
method.

Thanks,
Mark Lewis