Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by toli <to...@marketcetera.com> on 2008/02/12 23:41:15 UTC

Re: Exception when shutting down broker

James,

I'm seeing the same situation in Spring-configured broker.
After we switched from 4.0 to 5.0.0, i'm seeing unit tests (withe embedded
activemq) give this error:
14:22:47,381 [AcitveMQ Connection Worker: vm://it-oms#4] INFO
AdvisoryConsumer - Failed to send remove command: javax.jms.JMSException:
Peer (vm://it-oms#5) disposed.
javax.jms.JMSException: Peer (vm://it-oms#5) disposed.
        at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:62)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1154)

The connection in unit tests is created with
  <bean id="connectionFactory"
    <property name="brokerURL" value="vm://it-oms?broker.persistent=false"/>
  </bean>

What is the right way to configure ActiveMQ with Spring to make sure these
exceptions don't happen on shutdown? Setting useShutdownHook=false works for
the unit tests (and prevents the exceptions from showing up), but is there a
better way to do that w/out disabling the shutdown hook in "real" setup?