Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Yalcin Akdogan <ya...@chello.at> on 2005/08/03 18:17:13 UTC

OSGi R4 is a collection of specifications

> BJ Hargrave wrote:

> OSGi R4 is a collection of specifications. OSGi will release the core
> specifications first (framework, some services). This will be followed
> with additional specification for mobile devices and vehicles (and
> possibly others in the future)

Implementation of OSGi R4 means the implementation of:
- framework
- some services
- mobile services  (mobile profile)
- vehicle services (automotive profile)
- others (home networking profile ?)

Will Oscar project cover all of the services above ?

regards,
Yalcin

Re: OSGi R4 is a collection of specifications

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:

> Yalcin Akdogan wrote:
>
>> Implementation of OSGi R4 means the implementation of:
>> - framework
>> - some services
>> - mobile services  (mobile profile)
>> - vehicle services (automotive profile)
>> - others (home networking profile ?)
>>
>> Will Oscar project cover all of the services above ?
>>

> I am doubtful about the mobile and vehicle stuff, but if the community
> wants to put the effort in, then that is fine by me.
>
> Of course, some of this will depend on how popular the individual
> service specs become (especially for mobile).

Exactly.

Yalcinn, remember also that opensource projects are nurtured by their
contributors, and that if people need or want something, the best way
for this is to participate to its development!

Sylvain

Re: OSGi R4 is a collection of specifications

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Yalcin Akdogan wrote:

>Implementation of OSGi R4 means the implementation of:
>- framework
>- some services
>- mobile services  (mobile profile)
>- vehicle services (automotive profile)
>- others (home networking profile ?)
>
>Will Oscar project cover all of the services above ?

I am doubtful about the mobile and vehicle stuff, but if the community
wants to put the effort in, then that is fine by me.

Of course, some of this will depend on how popular the individual
service specs become (especially for mobile).

-> richard