Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Archana R <ak...@fry.com> on 2014/06/02 16:44:17 UTC

Solr 4.8 synonyms expansion for each primary term

we recently upgraded to Solr 4.8 and we are using REST API to update
synonyms.

we are trying to migrate synonyms from synonyms.txt file to new files. we
have our synonyms defined in synonyms.txt where we can overwrite expand
property with => .

ex tv=>television in synonyms.txt .

I am wondering how can we achieve this functionality using SOLR REST
synonyms API.

I don't see any equivalent  feature in SOLR 4.8 synonyms REST API

Could you please let me know if Solr 4.8 synonyms REST API supports expand
property at each synonyms level.

Re: Solr 4.8 synonyms expansion for each primary term

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Alas, the doc is silent on that point:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Managed+Resources

The Solr javadoc adds no additional clarification.

At a minimum, it should either clearly state that the overwrite (replace)
feature is not supported, or show how to do it.

I haven't dug into the new REST API to know the answer.

-- Jack Krupansky