Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Lionel SCHWARZ <li...@in2p3.fr> on 2022/03/10 15:08:03 UTC

manually trigger CREATE on the underlying connector

Dear all,

Reading the 2.1.10 reference guide, it is not clear for me if it is possible (and how) to manually trigger a CREATE on an underlying connector, that is for exemple create a new user on a defined resource.
The REST /resources/{key}/{anyTypeKey} does expose the POST operation but it seems to be for dealing with sync tokens.
The REST /resources/{key}/{anyTypeKey}/{value} does not expose the DELETE operation neither.

Is there a way to manually create/delete on external identity stores?

Regards
Lionel

Re: manually trigger CREATE on the underlying connector

Posted by Lionel SCHWARZ <li...@in2p3.fr>.
----- Le 10 Mar 22, à 16:42, Francesco Chicchiriccò ilgrosso@apache.org a écrit :

> On 10/03/22 16:39, Lionel SCHWARZ wrote:
>> Hi Francesco,
>>
>> My understanding is that the PUSH operation does create on external resource a
>> user which exists in Syncope.
>> What if I want to create, on external resource, a user which is not in Syncope?
>
> (Please ensure to actually reply to ML address)
>
> Hi Lionel,
> your understanding is correct: all operations managed by Syncope are involving
> its internal storage and all the provisioning rules defined.
>
> As provisioning manager, Syncope does not provide a way to manipulate External
> Resources without passing through its internal storage, on purpose.
>
> Hope this clarifies.
Absolutely!
Thanks

Lionel