Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by "Zolyomi Istvan (EXT-IT-Guru/Budapest)" <Ex...@nokia.com> on 2004/04/14 14:53:48 UTC

bug in Axis.cpp

Hi,

debugging the segfaults we have encountered, we have found a bug.

Location: src/engine/Axis.cpp , line 270
Error handling in function initialize_module() should be reconsidered!

Symptoms: When opening config file "axiscpp.conf" in
g_pConfig->ReadConfFile() fails (e.g. because of a wrong AXIS_HOME
environment variable), it tries to write a critical failure into the
logfile. However, location of the logfile itself is described in this
config file, thus its location is still unknown. Consequently, the
logfile cannot be opened and the application crashes, a segfault occurs.

Solution: Perhaps you could write to stderr, in this case the error
message could be seen in file error_log of Apache.
--

Istvan

ps: If your time permits, please answer my conceptional questions that I
have sent earlier to the developer list.