Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Douglass <mi...@texas.net> on 1996/07/03 17:29:47 UTC

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: ".htpasswd not checked in current directory" on SunOS 4.x

On Fri, 28 Jun 1996 sameer@c2.org wrote:

> > RST claimed this was a feature, not a bug. (and yes, it is the case)
>
> 	i agree with rst, fwiw. You shouldn't put the .htpass in the
> current dir anyway.

Then make sure that this change of "feature" is well documented with a
bold lettering message that no one will miss.  Otherwise, things could
get hairy when sites start to move from 1.0.X to 1.1.  I know I will have
to make sure that my customers know about this change before we upgrade.

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"