Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Casey <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/23 00:03:25 UTC

Request for Assembly plugin use cases

Hi all,

I have been working on a refactored version of the assembly plugin over the
past couple months. You can access the latest snapshot of the plugin from
the snapshot repository on ASF. What I'm currently grappling with is the
need to make this new version backward compatible. I've done some work on
diff'ing the component and descriptor model files, to ensure that no XML
elements have been deleted, and that all existing XML is supported in code.
However, for behavioral things (like exclusion of **/.svn/** by default),
I'm coming up short on information.

If anyone has time, it would be very helpful to test this new assembly
plugin version against your own assemblies. If it breaks, please file a
jira, and if you can attach the failing assembly descriptor/project, that
would be most helpful as well.

Hopefully, we're nearing a release date on this plugin. Once I'm reasonably
sure about backward compatibility, update the docs to reflect new features,
and releaes the dependency components that have changes, I'll call a vote.

Thanks!

-john

Re: Request for Assembly plugin use cases

Posted by John Casey <ca...@gmail.com>.
that looks like a file locking issue...would you agree?

-john

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.