Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Tony Chen (Seattle)" <T....@F5.com> on 2008/01/25 23:45:46 UTC

abort file upload

Hi:

We have a Cancel button on the JSP page that upload files.  Each time
the button is clicked, Firefox crashes with an exception

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of
multipart/form-data request failed. Stream ended unexpectedly

the same page works fine in IE.  Any body has experience with this or
know a better way to abort an upload?  Thanks in advance.

Tony

RE: abort file upload

Posted by "Tony Chen (Seattle)" <T....@F5.com>.
The Cancel button is a plain vanilla HTML cancel button goes back to the
trace

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of
multipart/form-data request failed. Stream ended unexpectedly
        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase
.java:436)
        at com.f5.tmui.controller.FileUpload.upload(FileUpload.java:93)
        at
com.f5.tmui.controller.Dealer.handleFileUpload(Dealer.java:547)
        at com.f5.tmui.controller.Dealer.doPost(Dealer.java:105)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:247)
        at
erChain.java:193)
        at
e.java:256)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
        at
        at
e.java:191)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:241
5)
        at
:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:171)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
:172)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
        at
        at
java:174)

There was an Application Error for event viewer as

Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20071.12718, faulting
module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00036fa3.

However, this happened a lot, but not everytime.  Thanks.

Tony

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Martin Cooper