Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Benjamin Reed <ra...@befunk.com> on 2000/11/07 20:27:25 UTC

style optional?

The Ant documentation lists the style task in the "built-in tasks"
section, but if I try using it, it bombs out needing optional stuff.

Is style supposed to be built-in or optional?

--
Ben Reed (ranger@befunk.com)
lOST: oNE 'cAPS lOCK' KEY.  rEWARD OFFERED.

Re: style optional?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 BR> The Ant documentation lists the style task in the "built-in
 BR> tasks" section, but if I try using it, it bombs out needing
 BR> optional stuff.

 BR> Is style supposed to be built-in or optional?

Difficult question 8-) Actually the task itself can be compiled on any
JDK, but it needs either Xalan-J or XSL:P to work, so strictly
speaking it is an optional task IMHO.

We are not always *that* clear about placing tasks into the built-in
or optional area. I think the separation will be clearer some time,
right now I wouldn't want to move tasks around.

Stefan