Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2002/08/28 16:28:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: reopened - Host: ignored ?

-> >Just to confirm: if you do "nslookup home.nextra.sk" on the server, you
-> >get the correct IP address?  Also try "httpd -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS" and see
-> >what the output looks like.
->
-> Oops.  Sine you are on 1.3, that should be "httpd -S".

well, for fantomas.fantomas.sk  I see this:

VirtualHost configuration:
195.168.6.66:*         is a NameVirtualHost
                       default server default.fantomas.sk (/etc/apache/httpd.conf:241)
                       port * namevhost default.fantomas.sk (/etc/apache/httpd.conf:241)
                       port * namevhost fantomas.fantomas.sk (/etc/apache/httpd.conf:246)
[2 hosts skipped]

for home.nextra.sk (when default.nextra.sk preceeds home.nextra.sk)

[other ip's skipped]

195.168.1.128:*        is a NameVirtualHost
                       default server default.nextra.sk (/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:224)
                       port * namevhost default.nextra.sk (/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:224)
                       port * namevhost home.nextra.sk (/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:230)

[some thousands of vhosts skipped]

of course, requests for home.nextra.sk return default.nextra.sk

While talking aboud DNS, maybe I already mentioned that none of IP's of
'home.nextra.sk' return 195.168.1.128 whith is configured on this machine.
We have a Level 3 switch thats does NAT to other addresses.
'home.nextra.sk' it on local machine directed to 195.168.1.128 via
/etc/hosts. Also note that I have thousands of vhosts on that machine and
the same IP and this is the only case that makes troubles.

Those are reasons why I assume that's bug in apache httpd.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.