Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2007/03/07 18:59:33 UTC

Whoa! The website is sooo beautiful and the logo astounded me much!

Hi,

Just opened the website and got struck with the beauty of it. I'm not
saying the previous website style was worse - it's just that it's
fresh. I like it.

Besides, I see the conferences I'm presenting Geronimo at are there.
Thanks Hernan!

p.s. I wonder why Jason hasn't announced it to the public yet? Does he
want us - the faint-hearted - to suffer a great pain of excitement?
;-)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Whoa! The website is sooo beautiful and the logo astounded me much!

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 3/7/07, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> I sent mail to the dev list before and after I implemented the
> conversion... did it not make it to the list?

Doh! "Site changing", isn't it? It didn't come to my attention.

Jacek

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I sent mail to the dev list before and after I implemented the
conversion... did it not make it to the list?

--jason

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I actually think the downloads bits should be moved to one page per
release too... just like how AcitveMQ does.  I guess if you wanted to
use {expand} {include:...}, on an overview you could, but I don't
really think that is necessary.

--jason

On Mar 9, 2007, at 6:16 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> Thanks for pointing this out. I'll add the collapsible sections
> when the time comes ;-)  same way we have for the downloads.
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> Kanchana Welagedara wrote:
>> It's so elegant!Great work!
>> Small comment on XML schema section
>>  http://geronimo.apache.org/xml-schemas.html .With each releases this
>> page going to be longer and longer.And user will have to keep on
>> scrolling down.XMl Schemas gv1.2 and G2.0 are coming soon.Do you
>> think
>> whether we need to think of a better representation for this page?
>> (kinda
>> breaking the page)
>> Regards
>> Kanchana
>> On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 18:59 +0100, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just opened the website and got struck with the beauty of it. I'm
>>> not
>>> saying the previous website style was worse - it's just that it's
>>> fresh. I like it.
>>>
>>> Besides, I see the conferences I'm presenting Geronimo at are there.
>>> Thanks Hernan!
>>>
>>> p.s. I wonder why Jason hasn't announced it to the public yet?
>>> Does he
>>> want us - the faint-hearted - to suffer a great pain of excitement?
>>> ;-)
>>>
>>> Jacek

Re: Whoa! The website is sooo beautiful and the logo astounded memuch!

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.
I think its more appropriate to give each version its own page.

--jason

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@opensource.lk>.
It's so elegant!Great work!

Posted by Lasantha Ranaweera <la...@opensource.lk>.
Yep... It looks awsome. Gr8 work. :)

Lasantha

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
alright, I added the "Sample Applications" link in the "Development" box, it should be visible in the next synch.
for the impatient (and I'm one of those) ;-) check http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSITE

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
I have that already worked out in the new template but it's not ready yet, still needs some baking ;-)

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
I saw the not from Jason (look for thread "Site changing")

There is not much change in the style yet. The big thing gain is for us when need to update the content.
We did some minor touches here and there trying to leverage Confluence capabilities. Added the dynamic news to the front page and cleaned up a bit the L&F.

With the "Add News" feature everybody (committers) can easily add news and events that will get reflected automatically in the front page.

I'm also working on a totally refreshed L&F but it's not ready for review yet, you folks will have to wait ;-)