Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Rajagopala R. Sesetti" <rs...@atdsprint.com> on 2001/05/16 18:32:34 UTC

Probelm passing XML documents over SOAP ...

Hi SOAPers,

How to pass a org.w3c.dom.Document and get back another org.w3c.dom.Document as
the return value in a SOAP call? Document is not Serializable. So, what is the
significance of Constants.NS_URI_LITERAL_XML and BeanSerializer?

I am using a work-around now by converting the Documents into Strings by hand. I
am sure you SOAPers out there must already have done something more elegant.

Thanks,
RAJ

--

****** 100%, ALWAYS ******

Re: Probelm passing XML documents over SOAP ...

Posted by "Rajagopala R. Sesetti" <rs...@atdsprint.com>.
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

I did the client part already just like you said. The client invocation API has
hooks to set the NS_URI_LITERAL_XML (Got the hint from samples of SOAP). But,
what is the corresponding API in the server side?

Also, org.w3c.dom.Element or Document do not extend Serializable
(reasonable...). I thought that the org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl or
ElementImpl could be interested in serialization. Even they don't. Now, I am
wondering how Constants.NS_URI_LITERAL_XML works its magic.

What am I missing here?

Also, could you point out the example about the server returning Document?

Thanks/RAJ

Posted by "Rajagopala R. Sesetti" <rs...@atdsprint.com>.
Hi Jim,