Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/08/31 14:32:28 UTC

Lucene Revolution Update

Hi, (apologies for the cross-post)

Just a quick update on Lucene Revolution - coming up in Boston, October 7-8 (see http://lucenerevolution.org).

- Marten Mickos, CEO Eucalyptus Systems, ex-MySQL CEO will be giving a keynot on "How Open Source Leads Infrastructure Innovation"
- Bill Press from Salesforce.com has been added to the  Cutting Edge of Search panel (joining LinkedIn, Twitter, and eHarmony)
- We've added several new talks, including Jon Gifford (Loggly), Erik Arnold (Lucene in Goverment/Search.USA.gov).  I'll be doing a session comparing Apache Lucene, Solr and NoSQL
- Submit your tough Solr challenges for the "Stump The Chump" session (send email to stump@lucenerevolution.org)

There's still a limited number of seats available for the Lucene and Solr two-day trainings preceding the conference. If you're interested please register now. Also please be aware that the early bird rate expires September 10.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,
Grant

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://lucenerevolution.org Apache Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8

Re: questions about synonyms

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: questions about synonyms

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DonDiego/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss

--
http://lucenerevolution.org/  ...  October 7-8, Boston
http://bit.ly/stump-hoss      ...  Stump The Chump!

questions about synonyms

Posted by "Ma, Xiaohui (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C]" <xi...@mail.nlm.nih.gov>.
Hello,

I have an couple of questions about synonyms.

1. I got a very big text file of synonyms. How I can use it? Do I need to index this text file first?

2. Is there a way to do synonyms' highlight in search result?

3. Does anyone use WordNet to solr?

Thanks so much in advance,