Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2007/04/20 18:19:29 UTC

Hudson build timeouts

Arun C Murthy (JIRA) wrote:
> Looking at http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Hadoop-Patch/63/console seems like the tests were killed for crossing the 30min deadline... which isn't happening on my end. Could someone re-run this to ensure this wasn't a transient one-off? Thanks!

I just checked, and it doesn't look like a timeout is configured for the
Hadoop-Patch build at all now.  Did someone change this?  We need a
timeout, since otherwise builds can hang forever, so we should make it
longer rather than disable it altogether, no?

Doug

Re: Hudson build timeouts

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
The timeout is now implemented at the test level by the ant junit
task.  It uses the default 15 minutes (I think) per *test*.  You
won't see this in Hudson, only in the underlying build script used by
Hudson.  The overall timeout wasn't working -- it was leaving
processes lying around.

Cheers,
Nige